Do you want to get yourself in social media hot water? Then you must absolutely post something related to any of the topics listed here. Ensuing arguments guaranteed!
Don’t you often feel that people seem to be up in arms about something making the rounds on social media? Or maybe you are the one who is getting upset about what others are posting.
Social networks have become the “damn if you do, damn if you don’t” of the Internet. A lot of these controversial topics have been around for as long as humans have mastered any sort of means to communicate with each other. With the Internet, however; it means even a harmless opinion is not just shared amongst your small network, but has the potential to reach thousands, sometimes millions in a manner of minutes.
If you have a knack for controversy, be sure to post or make comments referencing any of the 25 topics listed below. These topics, displayed in no particular order, are guaranteed to keep the outrage alive and kicking on your networks:
- All rankings of best / worst whatever
- Displays of sympathy / love / grief over something when bearer of feelings has not congruently displayed same feelings over every other similar situation
- All sorts of opinions and thoughts about the way a woman looks and the consequences of said look (including, but not limited to, her weight, what she wears, her makeup, etc.)
- Feminism being a good/bad thing
- And, course, all attempts at encouraging/disparaging gender equality
- Picking a side in the Israel and Palestine conflict (there many and all dangerous)
- Most things Middle East, in fact
- Make that all opinions on most political figures and institutions, actually
- Even more so when comparing the virtues (and pitfalls) of socialism vs those of capitalism
- The Onion and other satire news organizations
- “Racism is over! / alive!”
- The sanctity of life vs a woman’s right to choose
- Anything LGBT
- Your religious views (or lack thereof) in general and more specifically on how they affect your opinion on the two topics previously mentioned
- The Kardashians and known associates
- A person’s questionable taste in music / books / movies / anything entertainment even when person doesn’t think there’s much to question
- The impact of various forms of immigration to the fragile economy and social systems of developed nations
- This food product / family / category is the best / the devil
- This cosmetic / medicine / stuff is the best / the devil
- All the stuff that has the potential to hurt and/or kill you, even when highly improbable
- All scientific research that proves / disproves whether something is good / bad (including, but not limited to, climate change, vaccines, GMOs, etc.)
- Parenting advice
- “My sports team is superior to your sports team”
- Failure to state “spoiler alert” on your movie / T.V Show post
If by now you are thinking, “maybe I want to have a peaceful existence on my Facebook feed”; easy, peasy! Simply avoid all social media interactions
and/or stick to cat videos! Nope, that is also ruined.